Sunday, August 26, 2012

I failed the initial exam

I failed the initial exam, the drawing part of the exam was easy enough, however it was difficult for me to follow instructions on the paper. I will spend some time looking at ways to make the understanding of written work with CAD easier to understand. I have been looking into ways in which I can do the exam independently, and trying to put right some of the scanning issues that I have when using an amanuensis. The first thing I needed to ascertain was what form I could get the exam paper in, I found out that it is originally a PDF document, that's ok as long as the text is not an image. I also looked at Adobe reader X which should be able to work alongside my screen reader NVDA. Martin looked at the actual exam paper using these two programs and the computer could indeed read out loud the actual instructions. This should give me the ability to scan read as many times as I like and read in what order I wish, which is something people do in exam conditions and take for granted. Adobe reader X can also be used to highlight certain paragraphs and put written notes on top of the text.

 My new space pilot came in the post, I can use some buttons on the pilot to save myself orientating back and forward from the keyboard to the mouse this is a more comfortable way of interacting with AutoCAD. I will not play with it too much until I have got the initial 2-D exams out the way as I do not want to give myself too much to do.

No comments: