Monday, April 16, 2012

The interview at Enham


I'm apprehensive about resident disability centres, somewhere squashed in to my gnarly little soul is the congealing principle that disabled people have the same right to education, jobs and training in the same systems that everyone else use.
After we talked about what the course entails, a sea change in my thinking occurred about residential centres, there seems to be an understanding that because my literacy issues are linked to my cerebral palsy, they would not improve naturally by themselves, that I would need to develop stronger strategies to manage the difficulties that I have especially when applying for jobs.
I had a bit of a grizzle walking back to the car It was the first-time in 10 years where I haven't had to justify , defend or even prove I had a disability. And that in itself is the best reason for doing the course at Enham, even without my interest in 3-D work
CAD will be a good bridge between the skills I already have
it's important for me to do something to prove to myself that I still have talent, for some time I’ve been feeling out of my depth and in limbo
it's probably the best chance to improve my systems I have for my paperwork

No comments: